1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed
2 Tbsp. stone-ground mustard
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1/2 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped*
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon peeled, grated fresh ginger
3 Florida Tangerines, peeled, sectioned and chopped
1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and chopped
3 Tbsp. cider vinegar
1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh sage
- Preheat grill to medium-high (375 to 400 degrees)
- Coat pork with mustard, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Place pork on grill
- Grill 15 to 25 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer registers 155 degrees. Remove from grill and let stand.
- Meanwhile, for the Tangerine-Apple Chutney, in a large saute pan heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion; cook and stir 5 minutes. Add garlic, jalapeno, brown sugar and ginger; cook and stir 5 minutes more.
- Add Tangerines, apple, vinegar and sage; simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until apple is softened.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Thinly slice the pork and serve with Tangerine-Apple Chutney.
* Use caution when handling hot peppers. Wear disposable gloves or wash hands in hot, soapy water afterward.
Courtesy of FDOC