1 cup Milk, whole
1 Tbsp Orange juice
1 1/2 tsp Orange zest
3 each Egg yolks
2 tsp Cointreau
1 1/2 Tbsp Cornstarch
4 each 3" tartlet shells, prepared
1 cup Orange segments
1 cup Raspberries
3 Tbsp Powdered sugar
- Bring milk to simmer in heavy-bottomed medium saucepan.
- In separate mixing bowl, combine the Orange juice, Orange zest, egg yolks, Cointreau and cornstarch and whisk to combine.
- Pour hot milk into egg yolk mixture while whisking.
- Return mixture back into saucepan and return to medium-low heat while stirring constantly.
- Cook until mixture thickens, about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour into mixing bowl and press plastic wrap onto surface. Place mixing bowl on top of another mixing bowl with ice and refrigerate until well chilled.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of custard into each tartlet shell. Top with Orange segments and raspberries.
- Garnish with powdered sugar and serve.
Courtesy of FDOC