2 Chilean oranges
1 large firm but ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
3 tablespoons minced red onion
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 to 1 small jalapeno pepper, stemmed, seeded and minced
Freshly ground sea salt to taste
24 baguette slices
Snipped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Cut away peel from oranges then cut fruit into 1/4-inch cubes.
- Cut avocado into 1/4-inch cubes.
- Stir together oranges, onion, lime juice, olive oil, jalapeno pepper and salt in a medium bowl.
- Very lightly fold the 1/4-inch avocado cubes into mixture.
- Spoon equal amounts of mixture onto baguette slices and top with cilantro, if desired.
Courtesy of Citrus from Chile