12 lettuce leaves
6 cups torn mixed salad greens
3 Florida Grapefruit, peeled
2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
2 6-ounce cans crab meat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
1 small green bell pepper, sliced into rings
1/4 cup reduced-calorie mayonnaise or salad dressing
1/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
1 hard-boiled egg white, chopped
1 tablespoon ketchup
Few drops of hot pepper sauce
- Line 4 individual plates with 3 lettuce leaves. Top with salad greens.
- Section Grapefruit over a bowl to catch juice; set juice aside. Remove seeds from sections
- Arrange Grapefruit sections, tomatoes, crab meat and pepper rings on top of greens
- For the dressing, in a bowl combine 2 tablespoons of reserved Grapefruit juice, 1 teaspoon at a time, until it has the desired consistency.
- Top each salad with some of the dressing.
Courtesy of FDOC