8 oz. softened Goat cheese
4 South African oranges
1 loaf French baguette
2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon leaves
Extra virgin olive oil for brushing baguette
Fresh baby spinach for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Slice French baguette into 1/4 inch rounds.
- Place on a sheet pan and brush with extra virgin olive oil.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes until lightly toasted. Cool bread completely.
Goat Cheese Spread:
- Place goat cheese, the juice from 1 South African orange, and chipped tarragon in bowl.
- Combine with rubber spatula until spreadable.
- Spread fresh baby spinach on serving platter.
- Spread 1 Tablespoon of goat cheese mixture onto each toasted baguette.
- Remove peel from 3 oranges.
- Slice oranges in half lengthwise, then slice halves widthwise to create half moon orange circles.
- Place prepared baguettes on spinach and garnish with 1 half moon orange slice per bread slice.
Courtesy of South Africa Citrus