- Half of one grapefruit provides 100% of the daily value of Vitamin C
- Grapefruit provides many nutrients to support your immune system
- Sodium free
- Saturated fat free
- Cholesterol free
- Grapefruit can be part of a heart healthy diet and lifestyle
- Red Grapefruit contains lycopene, a phytonutrient associated with many health benefits
- Grapefruit is part of the "super food" family
How to Select
Select a grapefruit that is round, firm and heavy in size. The skin should be smooth with a red blush. The interior will have a red flesh. Skin blemishes or other minor flaws on the skin will not affect the eating quality of the fruit. Grapefruit are fully ripe when picked. They will not continue to ripen once they are harvested.
How to Store
Grapefruit is best stored loose at cool room temperature for four to five days. For the best flavor and nutrition, store your grapefruit in your refrigerator crisper away from vegetables for up to three weeks. Never store grapefruit in a plastic bag.